Whether your skin is a little dull or dry, or you need intensive treatment to remove wrinkles and skin discolorations, Pearls Med Spa has the right chemical peel for all of your skin care concerns and for all skin types! Improve texture. Smooth & Soften Skin. Chemical peels are a quick and convenient way to enhance appearance and self-confidence and get a healthy glow with little or no downtime. Chemical Peels have been used for decades to revitalize and resurface skin. They involve applying a chemical solution to remove the damaged outer layers of skin and reveal younger, clearer, more radiant complexion. Chemical Peels, also known as “Lunchtime Peels” are traditionally performed on the face, hands, neck, back and shoulders, legs and other problem areas to treat fine lines, wrinkles, age spots and skin discoloration. At Pearls we will determine the right program for your skin. Generally, a series of six treatments are required for optimum results. These are spaced three to four weeks apart.
Chemical Peel is one of the most popular treatments for an aging face.
Reasons to Have Chemical peels can improve the appearance of:
- Fine lines
- Hyperpigmentation (skin discoloration or age spots)
- Enlarged pores due to an improper daily skincare regimen
- Light sun damage
- Light freckling
- Minimal scarring
- Treatment for the face, arms, legs, neck, chest and hands
- One Week Before Your Chemical Peel
Avoid the following procedures for one week prior to your peel:
- Depilatory Creams
- Laser Hair Removal
Two to Three Days Before Your Chemical Peel
- Stop using Retin-A, Renova, Differin (Adapalene 0.1%, or products containing Retinol, AHA or BHA, Benzol Peroxide.
- 2. Do not exfoliate
After Your Chemical Peel
Immediately after the peel your skin will be light yellow. This is temporary and will fade in 1 to 2 hours.
- Patients with hypersensitivity to the sun should take extra precautions to guard against exposure immediately following the procedure. They may be more sensitive following the treatment.
- Your skin may be more red than usual for 2 to 3 days. Please avoid strenuous exercise during this time.
- Approximately 48 hours after the treatment, your skin will start to peel. This peeling will generally last 2 to 3 days. DO NOT PICK OR PULL AT THE SKIN.
- When washing your face, do not scrub.
- Apply light moisturizer as often as needed to relieve dryness and tightness.
- Use a sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30 or above and avoid direct sunlight for at least one week.
- Do not have any other facial treatment for at least one week after your peel.
- You may resume the regular use of Retin-A, alpha-hydroxy acid (AHA) products or bleaching creams ONLY after the peeling process is complete.